Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), or the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) has published a notification for recruitment to the post of Junior Engineers. As per the same, BMC JE recruitment 2019 is hereby announced for 341 vacancies.
There are 243 vacancies for junior engineer-civil, and 98 for junior engineer-mechanical / electrical. A short notification in Marathi has been published in leading dailies of the state, highlighting the vacancy distribution, eligibility criteria for each post, and reservation.
BMC JE recruitment 2019 online application form will be available at the website portal.mcgm.gov.in. The job location through this recruitment shall be in Mumbai. Registration start and end dates shall be available on the website shortly.
Government job aspirants in Maharashtra, who are up to 38 years old can apply for the posts. Reserved category candidates up to 43 years of age can also apply. He or she should have completed at least class 10th, followed by a diploma in engineering. The specific branches of diploma in engineering, from which candidates can apply, are elaborated in the notification.
A few of the branches for JE civil are civil, construction technology, public health engineering. That for JE electrical / mechanical are electrical, automobile, electronics, production, electrical power system, industrial electronics and communication.
Syllabus of BMC JE Civil Engineering
Questions in the Technical Knowledge test may be based on the given areas for Civil Engineering
- Surveying & Transportation : Classification of surveys, scales accuracy; Measurement of distances - direct & indirect methods; optical & electronic devices, measurement of directions, contours, computation of co-ordinates. Concept of global positioning system; Map preparation by plane tabling & by photogrammetry; Remote sensing concepts, map studies.
- Highways:Planning of Highway systems, alignment & geometric design, horizontal & vertical curves, grade separation; Materials & construction methods for different surfaces & maintenance; Principles of pavement design.
- Traffic surveys: Intersections signaling; Mass transit systems, accessibility, networking.
- Building Construction : Building material: Timber, Bricks, Cement, Cement mortar, Cement concrete. Testing of material & codal provisions.
- Construction & Earthwork Equipments: Weigh batcher, mixer, vibrator, batching plant concrete pumps, conveyors, cranes, hoists, lifting equipments. Power shovel, hoe, dozer, dumper, trailors & tractor, types of rollers, pumps.
- Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering : Properties of soils, classification & interrelationship; compaction behaviour, methods of compaction & their choice. Permeability & seepage, flow nets, inverted filters; Compressibility & consolidation; Shearing resistance, stresses & failure. Soil testing in laboratory & in-situ; Stress path & applications. Earth pressure theories, stress distribution in soil exploration, samplers load tests, penetration tests.
- Types of foundations; selection criteria, bearing capacity, settlement, laboratory & field tests. Types of piles & their design and layout. Foundations on expansive soils, swelling & its prevention, foundation on swelling soils.”
- Structural Mechanics : Solid Mechanics: Elastic constants, stress, plane stress, Mohr’s circle of stress, strains, plain strain, Mohr’s circle of strain, combined stress; Elastic theories of failure; Simple bending, shear; Torsion of circular & rectangular sections.
- Structural Analysis: Analysis of determinate structure - different methods including graphical methods; Analysis of indeterminate skeletal frames - moment distribution, slope-deflection, stiffness & force methods, energy methods.
- Design of Steel Structures: Principal of working stress method. Design of connections, simple members, built-up sections & frames. Design of Industrial roofs. Principles of ultimate load design. Design of simple members & frames.” 3
- Fluid Mechanics & Hydrology : Fluid properties, Pressure, Thrust, Buoyancy, Viscosity; Bernoulli’s theorem; Hydraulic jump, non-uniform flow, Reynold’s number, hydraulic gradient, Hazen-Willium formula, pipes in series & parallel, siphons, water hammer. Various types of water meters.
- Hydrological cycle, precipitation & related data analysis, PMP (Probable Maximum Precipitation), unit & synthetic hydrographs; Evaporation & Transpiration; Floods and their management, PMF; Streams & their gauging; River morphology; Routing of floods.
- Public Health Engineering : Water Supply Engineering: Sources of supply, yields, design of intakes & conductors; Estimation of demand; Water quality standards; Control of water-borne diseases; Primary & secondary treatment, detailing & maintenance of treatment units; Conveyance & distribution systems of treated water, leakages & control.
- Waste Water Engineering: Urban rain water disposal; System of sewage collection& disposal; Design of sewers & sewerage systems, pumping; Characteristics of Sewage & its treatment, disposal of sewage treatment products; Institutional & industrial sewage management.
- Solid Waste Management: Sources, classification, collection & disposal; Design & management of landfills.
BMC JE CLASSES
BMC SE CLASSES
MCGM SE CLASSES
Copyright © 2019 BRIGHT CLASSES - All Rights Reserved.
POWERED BY BRIGHT CLASSES